Are you tired of using Adobe Creative Cloud on your MacBook and want to uninstall it? Well, you've come to the right place! In this article, we will guide you step by step on how to uninstall Creative Cloud from your MacBook.
Why Uninstall Creative Cloud?
Adobe Creative Cloud is a great suite of applications that offers various tools for graphic design, video editing, photography, and more. However, some users may find it unnecessary or simply prefer to use other software options. Uninstalling Creative Cloud can free up valuable storage space on your MacBook and remove any unwanted background processes.
Step-by-Step Guide to Uninstall Creative Cloud from MacBook
Follow these simple steps to uninstall Creative Cloud from your MacBook:
Step 1: Quit Creative Cloud Applications
Before uninstalling Creative Cloud, make sure to close all the applications associated with it. To do this, go to the menu bar, click on the Creative Cloud icon, and select “Quit” for each application.
Step 2: Uninstall Creative Cloud Desktop App
To uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app, follow these steps:
- Open the Finder on your MacBook.
- Go to the “Applications” folder.
- Locate and right-click on the “Adobe Creative Cloud” folder.
- Select “Move to Trash” from the drop-down menu.
Note: You can also drag the “Adobe Creative Cloud” folder to the Trash icon in the Dock to uninstall it.
Step 3: Remove Creative Cloud Files and Folders
After uninstalling the Creative Cloud desktop app, you need to remove any remaining files and folders associated with it. Follow these steps:
- Open the Finder on your MacBook.
- Click on “Go” in the menu bar and select “Go to Folder” from the drop-down menu.
- Type “~/Library” in the text box and click “Go”.
- Navigate to the following folders and delete them if they exist:
- Application Support/Adobe Creative Cloud
- Caches/Adobe Creative Cloud
Note: “~” represents your user home folder.
Step 4: Remove Creative Cloud Files from Trash
After deleting the Creative Cloud files and folders, make sure to empty the Trash to completely remove them from your MacBook. To do this, right-click on the Trash icon in the Dock and select “Empty Trash” from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Restart Your MacBook
Once you have completed all the previous steps, it is recommended to restart your MacBook. This will ensure that any remaining background processes related to Creative Cloud are terminated.
Alternative Method: Use Creative Cloud Uninstaller
If you prefer a more automated approach, you can use the Creative Cloud Uninstaller provided by Adobe. Here's how:
- Open a web browser on your MacBook and go to the Adobe Creative Cloud website.
- Sign in to your Adobe account.
- Go to the “Apps” section and scroll down to find “Creative Cloud Desktop”.
- Click on the three-dot menu icon next to “Open” and select “Uninstall”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
Uninstalling Creative Cloud from your MacBook is a straightforward process. By following the steps mentioned in this article, you can easily remove Creative Cloud and free up valuable storage space on your MacBook. Whether you choose the manual method or use the Creative Cloud Uninstaller, make sure to restart your MacBook afterward to ensure a complete removal of any related background processes. Now you can explore alternative software options or simply enjoy the extra storage space on your MacBook!