Are you tired of using Microsoft Edge as your default browser on Windows 11? Do you prefer to use other browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox? Well, you're in luck! In this article, we will guide you on how to uninstall Edge on Windows 11. So, if you're excited to get rid of Edge once and for all, let's get started!
Why Uninstall Edge?
Before we dive into the uninstallation process, you might be wondering why anyone would want to remove Edge from their Windows 11 system. Well, there could be several reasons:
- You prefer another web browser and find Edge unnecessary.
- You want to free up storage space on your computer.
- You have encountered compatibility issues with Edge and certain websites or applications.
- You believe that Edge consumes too much memory or slows down your system.
Uninstalling Edge Using PowerShell
One of the methods to uninstall Edge on Windows 11 is by using PowerShell. PowerShell is a powerful command-line tool that allows you to automate administrative tasks on your computer. Here's how you can use PowerShell to remove Edge:
- Open the Start menu and search for “PowerShell”.
- Right-click on “Windows PowerShell” and select “Run as administrator”.
- In the PowerShell window, type the following command and press Enter:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Remove-AppxPackage
Wait for the command to execute, and Edge will be uninstalled from your system. Once the process is complete, you can close the PowerShell window.
Uninstalling Edge Using Control Panel
If you prefer a more user-friendly method, you can also uninstall Edge using the Control Panel. Here's how:
- Open the Start menu and search for “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Control Panel” to open it.
- In the Control Panel window, click on “Programs” and then select “Programs and Features”.
- Scroll through the list of installed programs and locate “Microsoft Edge”.
- Right-click on “Microsoft Edge” and select “Uninstall”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
Once the process is complete, Edge will be removed from your Windows 11 system.
Reinstalling Edge on Windows 11
If, for any reason, you change your mind and want to reinstall Edge on your Windows 11 system, you can do so easily. Here's how:
- Open the Microsoft Store on your Windows 11 system.
- Search for “Microsoft Edge” in the search bar.
- Click on the “Microsoft Edge” app in the search results.
- Click on the “Install” button to reinstall Edge.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
Once the installation is finished, you'll have Edge back on your Windows 11 system.
Uninstalling Edge on Windows 11 is a straightforward process, and you can choose between using PowerShell or the Control Panel. Whether you prefer another browser or want to free up storage space, removing Edge from your system is a simple task. And if you ever change your mind, you can always reinstall Edge easily from the Microsoft Store. So, go ahead and uninstall Edge if it's not your cup of tea!